Modwright KWA 150 and Proac D38R

Hi I am unable to test this amp (which I have purchased) on the Proac D38R which I am considering. Particularly keen to know if the Modwright can control the bass and make the Proac sound good at low volumes.

Your thoughts would be welcome.

I tried the Proac with the Conrad Johnson ET 250S and was not happy with the sound at low volumes - there was very low midrange coming through relative to bass and highs.

Would the Modwright do a better job?
acdvd
I listen ProAc d38 and KWA-150, it is sung much better than my former Naim by 250.2 amplifier. I loved Naim-ProAc a sheaf and when has made amplifier replacement, have grown fond of system even more. It is enough bass with this amplifier.
Hi Andrew, the Proac speakers you mentioned are senstive speakers (91db) and rated to 250 watts into 4ohms which is a fairly benign load for an amp, and the KWA-150 is putting out close to 400 watts into 4ohms. It uses 2 x 500va transformers (1000va) and there is a LOT of current on tap. Lou from Daedalus Audio in your previous thread commented the KWA-150 has the best bass of any amp he has ever heard. "Best" not to be confused with "most" since that is a pointless goal. I was very impressed with the solidity, texture and detail of the bass. Very musical!
Do you have the opportunity to hear the ProAc with any other amp at all? If low volume performance is important to you, I recommend verifying you can get that from the speaker.

Some speakers are much better at low volumes than others, and it's not necessarily something a different amp will address. It might help, but just saying that ideally I would make sure.

Another variable to consider is the preamp: what was the preamp you heard these with, and what are you planning to use?