Modwright Elyse DAC input issues

I just want to give a heads up on a potential problem with the Modwright Elyse DAC. I just purchased a used one and have encountered drop out issues with every input other than the USB input. I contacted Modwright to see if there was a fix for it and this is the response I got back for Dan Modwright;
"Hi Darryl and thanks for letting me know. The fact is, there can be an issue with these inputs. It has to do with the quality of your power and the sensitivity of the input receiver to less than ideal data samples. The DAC board was designed and programmed by a third party for us. This bug was never fully worked out and is power quality and environment dependent. I am afraid that I do not have a solution for you. I am glad to hear that via USB it is trouble free.
You could always add a SPDIF to USB converter"

I'm not trying to bash on the Elyse, I just want other potential purchasers to be aware of this possible issue. I think they only made about 40 of them, so I know I'm speaking to a small audience. 

dj
I have an Elyse in my 2nd system and use the RCA SPDIF input. I’ve encountered on occasion the dropout issue you describe, luckily infrequently. On the plus side I really enjoy its sound especially with NOS tubes/rectifier; on the down side I wouldn’t be comfortable with selling it to someone else or trading it in given the potential for the dropout to occur so it’s fully sunk cost for me. I am familiar with Dan’s response to the dropout and frankly, it doesn’t give any appreciation for that downside/remedy to his purchasers of the Elyse. I also have his LS100 preamp and KWA100SE power amp, musical and trouble free.
I’m not trying to bash on the Elyse
Actually, I am also sensitive to not bash others, but you're doing the right thing mentioning this.