mods for Adcom GFP-750

Does anyone know of any DIY mods for this preamp? I'm also interested in possible mods for the GFA-5802 amp. Any suggestions? Thanks
emily

Showing 2 responses by mikeg

Sean and SDcampell, thanks for your inputs. Its good to get constructive opposing views on the same subject. I'm considering modifying my cd player, Sony SCD-777ES SACD. What is the prefered way to route internal wire and which internal wire works best (Cardas, Wonder, Harmonic, Silver)? Was wondering in order of bag for the buck which components are usually better to replace in the power supply and analogue output stage circuit? Capacitors (Black Gates), Resistors (Caddock or Vishay), or diodes (Harris Fast Soft Recovery)? Does it pay to attach the deflex sheets to the top plate of the chassis? Since my power transformers are not shileded like the SCD-1, does it pay to buy the TI shielding and "apply it" to the transformers? Thanks in advance for your inputs. Mike
Sean, thanks for your input. I'll remove the product names and just ask the questions in a generalized way. In terms of "bang for the buck" which components are usually better to replace in the power supply and analogue output stage circuit? Capacitors, Resistors, or diodes? Please give order of biggest improvement to least improvement. Does it pay to attach the noise damping and RFI/EMI blocking sheets to the top plate of the chassis? Thanks, Mike