Modern integrated vs. vintage...what do I get?

OK, was bitching over some noise coming out of my system the other night and the issue of having to swap out a piece in the rack given a messed up back. I have only vintage pre and power amps. Out of the blue my wife suggested why dont you just buy something new, modern that you will not have to mess with, McIntosh or whatever? (She knows Mac because I have old pieces and have dragged her in to see new stuff when back at the in-laws in DE) Given that we are doing a bunch of renovation work on the house,I think she is feeling that I should spend some money on something I care about.(I had been thinking of trying a Rogue CM integrated but granite took that money.)Now the door is reopened. SO, two questions. First, what do I really get in terms of difference/performance for buying modern equipment? Second, since I live in HI there is one dealer and all he has is Mac and AR I know what I hear there. What about some of these other brands like Creek, LSA? I want an integrated, probably SS, preferably with option for 2 pairs of speakers, for use with Ohm Walsh 2 or Spendor S3/5 (possibly Kef LS50 dont the line). Must be musical, reliable cause there are no techs here, 75-100 watts and say no more than $5k. I listen to all kinds of music and the room is a living room maybe 15 x 18. My current setup is a rebuilt McIntosh MC250 with an Acurus Rll (this week) and Sony SACD5400ES, Cambridge 740C and Squeezebox with basic Morrow wiring.
joekapahulu
I'm a bit confused. In your original post you say that you are looking for probably SS integrated. Then in your second post you are questioning the Rogue, which is a tube unit. What gives??

Your conclusion above seems to be fairly accurate, in a general sense. As time has marched on the audio world has been chasing higher resolution, which means that many more modern designs offer more articulation, detail and resolution. As with any clearer picture, the result depends on what you are looking at/listening to. If your recording is full of warts, these warts will now be better exposed. That is why many still like the older, more musical, lower resolution gear of yesteryear.
Your wife very smart, keep her. Are you still buying a tube TV or led TV? a analog phone or smart phone? Atari or PS4 and the list goes on and on and on, with Modern equipment = enjoying the music for life.
Vintage equipment = Tweaking the sound for life.
The choice is your. Good Luck,
Creek to Rogue to Mac is a wide range in price and quality. With a current amp, you are getting something new with a warntee and new technology, not to say older amps are obsolete. Getting two speaker outputs could be a challeng with the better and more expensive amps. I recently downsized and looked at all integrated options from $4-10,000. In the 5K price range, I can suggest, Modwright (hybrid), Unison S6 (tube)or Unico 50(hybrid) - both are very musical and enagaging, LFD might work well as you have Spendors, and Resolution Audio Cantata C50 (this is a sleeper of an amp). On the used side, a UK made Creek 5350 will offer you two speaker outputs and can hold its own against many current integrateds. I am uncertain how it compares to the new models. You can probably find one in the $750 range and leaves money to update other parts of the your system. Hope this helps.
Thx for all the responses and questions. Yes, looking back at what I wrote there is some contradiction. Its more a matter of form. I started out with the idea a while back that I wanted to try out tubes...which led me to the Rogue. However, home improvements killed that idea off. Subsequent to that my wife resurrected the idea with her spin of get something new so that you dont have to mess with it or mess up your back. I deviated to SS simply because most of my experience is there and I was thinking along the lines of getting something that woudl just allow me to be "done". I DO have an interest in hearing what a tube amp would sound like in my system and how it would work but given the back issues pragmatically I am probably just best getting something that sounds good, get it into place and hopefully not have to move it for a long time. The wide divergence in brands is not as broad as it seems as I was thinking Creek Destiny 2 ($2500), various Rogue (2300-3500) Mac 5200 (4500). The only one of those I have heard is the Mac so my frame of reference is at the very least lacking.

I am going on vacation in a few months so I am hoping to be able to hear some of this stuff down in FL and LA. I appreciate the ideas here especially as my thoughts have not been as clear as one would like. Sort of living on painkillers right now so my brain is actually not clear.
Go with the McIntosh! You can add a speaker AB switch on whatever amp you decide on. I've owned those Spendors and they sound good with Tubes or solid state,you won't go wrong with either!