Modern day equivalent for KEF 105/3 speakers

Hi everyone

I'm in need of some assistance and I couldn't find a thread in the archives to revive.

What would be some speakers (floor-standing or bookshelves) available today new or used that would sound just as good or better than a pair of good condition KEF 105/3s?

A pair of KEF 105/3 speakers that are in need of some TLC have become available. I've done the pricing of repairs, parts, projected acquisition cost etc etc and my potential total expenditure for all could be at least $1500.

I'm a KEF fan and have a very strong bias towards KEF but I'm trying to figure out if the min $1500 expenditure is worth it when there are lots of alternatives out there. I'm trying to see what speakers these equate to as I have limited experience.
128x128jedinite24

Showing 1 response by 4musica44107

I have heard the KEF 105/3 and previously owned a pair of Aerial 10-T's. I much preferred the 10-T's. You might be able to find a good used pair at close to your approximate $1500 price point. But they need a lot of power and they need to be positioned at least 4 feet from the back wall to sound their best. Also, they sound better when bi-wired.