Modding Synergistic Research MPC to Galileo status

I recently had the good fortune of upgrading my stock Synergistic Research MPCs closer to Galileo Status by the help of a friend who is inclined to do such work.

He replaces the Synergistic MPC's four cheap, general purpose 1 amp rectifier diodes with four ultra fast, soft recovery IXYS rectifier diodes and the 470uf 50 volt dirt cheap chinese electrolytic cap with a 680uf Panasonic FM extremely low impedance, high ripple current, long life (7000 hrs). It is now a super low noise power supply.

This mod provides better shielding to Synergistic Research cables resulting in more transparency, blacker backgrounds, increased detail and warmth with even lower noise floor than stock MPCs.

I was really taken aback by the improvements mentioned above. When considering the cost of a Galileo MPC, this mod is a downright bargain.

The cost of this mod will be $40-50. I can provide contact information for additional questions regarding components and price.
128x128michaelspallone
I took a flyer on Michael's mod for the MPC attached to the Tranquility Basik platform. At the price I wouldn't be bothered if the mod didn't work as well for this application as it did for cables. I was pleasantly surprised by the increase in transparency and air so had the 2 MPCs for my Hologram A and D power cables modded to the same result combined with more "you are there" to the sonic picture. Thanks to Ted for designing such innovative products and to Michael for taking one of them to a higher level at a reasonable price.
I would like to apologize to the community for any confusion as to who the OP was on this thread. It was I, Devilboy, not MichaelSpallone. I contacted Audiogon asking why and how this could have happened and expressing concern as to members being confused about who wrote the post. Basically, they said it was a "glitch", explaining that it must have happened while I had a "cookie" opened in the system while communicating with Michael via email. Frankly it's all a little too bizarre. So everyone, I would like to apologize once more for Audiogon's mistake and also for any confusion this may have caused.
Michael did the mod to my T3 MPC connected to a tube power amp. Lower noise floor, much better highs and less glare. I can't say if it's equal to the Galileo but don't have any desire to compare them now.
A friend brought his modded MPC's over to my house and we compared them with my stock versions in my system. Totally agree with what everyone is reporting. It was literally night and day. Right in front of our eyes the system came much more alive and completely eliminated the hint of brightness that we heard with the stock. I sent mines off to Michael last week and when I get back from a trip they'll be waiting for me. Can't wait. Thanks Michael.
I have several MPC which stopped working, not from abuse, just expired. Any ideas as to why they sometimes stop working and how to bring them back to life? Could this mod solve the problem and make them better?

Thanks