Moby concert and ear damage?

The other night I saw Moby performing at the Sydney Opera House and it was a stunning event with superb amplified sound filling the Concert Hall to the delight of 4000 enraptured fans.
The hall is really a vast volume (too big for any symphony orchestra to adequately fill) yet the volume produced by the amplifiers and speakers became so deafening that at times I had to crouch down behind the seats and block my ears......and I was sitting in row W of the Stalls?
I am sure that I must have suffered some permanent hearing loss over the 2 hour concert duration although thankfully there were some slow melodic songs to break the continual 100-110dB sound pressure levels.
The band members must surely wear ear-plugs to avoid early permanent deafness?

But this is not my question.
My stomach lining and chest cavity were vibrating and pulsing with the volume of sound but the bass drums and bass guitar were the lowest frequency-producing instruments on stage and I know that the lowest notes of the electric bass guitar is not lower than about 32Hz and most notes were way above that?
My home system with 2 Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoofers can produce 26 Hz in my listening room but my innards do not vibrate when I play low organ music?
So it must be 'volume' combined with frequency that vibrates the guts?
Is there a mathematical formula for determining what volume at 40 Hz is needed to vibrate materials compared to that at 20 Hz?
128x128halcro
Emailists - If half the foam plug is sticking out of your ear, it's not in as it should be. It took me 3 months of practice but I get even the longest foam plug all the way in, it disappears. I can get them in so deep I can't hear my wife talking next to me. You have to roll the plug between your fingers until it's thin and hard, then pull the ear diagonally up & back. This opens up the ear and the thin hard plug goes as deep as you like.

David12 - My doctor told me that the hair cells in the ear react to loud sounds by tensing and that constant tensing causes the hearing damage. He said when these cells are relaxed they react less to loudness. Said natural sounds such as thunder, water rushing, and acoustic instruments are less damaging to hearing because the ear is more relaxed upon exposure. Said unnatural sounds such as amplified instruments, electronic "music", and grinding machines cause more damage as the ear generally tenses more.
He said the tissue to which the hair cells attach tense at exposure to sounds - loud sounds cause more tension. The more relaxed a person (and his ears) are, the less reaction and damage.

I know this is true as regards the rest of the body. A drunk can fall many times and not hurt himself because he's so relaxed. 40 years of martial arts and kickboxing (and good coaching) taught me that relaxation is the most important thing in fighting. Proper relaxation in the ring allows quicker action, better balance, and harder hitting. Relaxation also reduces the effects of getting hit. Tensing right at the moment of getting punched or kicked increases pain and damage such as broken bones and torn tendons.

Maybe the hair cells get damaged more and quicker while tense because the connecting tissues "wear out" in some way. Being tense while even just sparring in the gym wears you out in minutes. I'm 58 and I can spar 6-7 rounds without much trouble. I'm fine at the end but I am a very relaxed fighter. I spar with guys in their 20s and 30s who "gas" in 2-3 rounds, a time when I'm not really even breathing heavily.
Hey Jax2, I like the Moore a lot and the Zoo is a great place to see a show. The zoo used to be really stricked about the drinking, but they seem to be better now. I've only been to the Gorge once myself also. I saw Steely Dan on there first tour in 20 years. That show sounded amazing, the sun was setting and we were in the golden circle seating area. I wouldn't go back thou unless I stayed at Cave B. It's owned by Dr. Bryant who was the mastermind who started the gorge. I've been fly fishing with him a couple of times, really great guy. Otherwise it's a tent in the parking area and I'm not into that anymore. It's good to know there are some audiophiles in Seattle.
David 12, My hearing loss is in the mid freq. range, so I guess that is noise related. I'm not surprised, I've gone to a lot of really loud shows in my day. We never even thought of using ear protection, just dumb kids I guess.

Take Care, Greg
I got permanent hearing damage - not too bad i don't think - from The Clash. I was young and stupid and my ears were ringing for 3 days.
After having the misfortune of being in the front row of a "concert in the round" with a bank of speakers less than 10 feet in front of me, my ears rang/buzzed for 3 days. I'm sure it did some minor lasting damage.
The band was "Whitesnake" which opened for Jethro Tull up in L.A. around 1980. Tull was outstanding.
If you're experiencing hearing loss after a concert you guys HAVE to read this article https://saywhathearing.com/en/articles/hearing-loss/how-to-soothe-hearing-loss-after-a-concert

You need to rest, avoid coffee, avoid alcohol, and use an ice pack on your ears. It works!