Mmmm Crow tastes good...

So I have been anti subwoofer. And now I’m getting the hype (and maybe the vapors too).

I’m off all this week and remembered a crusty old subwoofer stashed in the dankest corner of my closet. Since the Quicksilver preamp I got a couple of months ago had a 2nd set of outputs I decided to put it on play.

this is a Pinnacle sub, 10” and 200 watts. I think I paid $129 on amazon a few years ago for home the water. Ironically it’s a sealed box implementation.

after a couple of hours of messing with it I think I have it fairly well integrated. I’ll have to make sure it’s not killing my neighbors. It’s not an audiophile sub but it really does add to the enjoyment of my patchwork system.

I do notice that, as with my stand mounts, there less bass at my siting position vs standing in the same spot. So I’ll have to figure out what’s going on with that.

But yeah, assuming I’m not blowing out my neighbors I’ll sincerely consider 2 good subs.
gochurchgo
I had a few hours to myself and I was playing with the sub some more. It occurs to me that my current speakers aren’t voiced to bring what I’m looking for (not just bass but also warmth and clarity). 
So I was talking with an acquaintance who said I should look at Canton (9.2) and Dynaudio Special 40.
It’s not like I’m buying speakers this year or next but for the fun of it, has anyone heard either of these?
I used to be anti-sub, but knew I was missing out on some good bass. I had extreme difficulty integrating one into my system properly, but eventually managed to make it sound decent enough. But it was still too muddy with poor resolution on the low end. My listening room is rather small & awkwardly shaped so the acoustics are terrible. I tried room treatments. The affordable option (egg crate foam) worked fine but wouldn't pass the wife test. I'm too stingy to splurge on treatments she'd approve. I recently decided to try a miniDSP DDRC-24 with the Dirac Live room correction software. I'm not sure what manner of sorcery it is, but that little box works MAGIC!!! My system now sounds like the professional setups I've heard when auditioning in AV shops. I now get fantastic resolution on the low end even at lower volumes. I'm now totally pro-subwoofer.

It may be blasphemous to the audiophile community but I highly recommend miniDSP as a reasonably affordable way to help with bass (subwoofer) integration issues and room correction in general.  If you have the right equipment I suppose it may be possible to just get the DIRAC Live as standalone software. I know there are other correction options that are probably just as good (like Room EQ), but this is the one I've experienced and liked. I was unimpressed by Anthem's software that I use for a secondary setup.   
@osiris369 I’m definitely not anti-DSP. If I had a system that was mostly giving me what I wanted I’d definitely look at DSP to tie the room together.
@millercarbon--i have fairly full range speakers (Aerial Acoustics 7t) but also have a sub that i have not, to date, attempted to integrate mainly because i found it so difficult before with my prior standmount speakers and only recently learned that using more than one sub is better--

1. If i buy another sub (my listening room is small -16"x 14' on the left side but 14'x14' on the right side due to a closet--so i probably wouldn't go for more than one more sub) is it better to buy the same size/same brand or does that really matter?  The sub i have is no longer made although the manufacturer is still in business but i'd hate to have to buy two

2. I know where the standing waves are in my room and also where the bass is virtually cancelled--when locating subs do you put them where the waves are reinforced or where the bass is weak or ?  I have a pink noise generator and an RTA on my phone so just wondering if i can use just those to properly locate a sub?  FWIW I can't do the crawl due to really bad knees.

Thanks for any tips