ML333 VS Concentra II

Recently my ML333 develope harming noise in one of the channel and this is not the first time after it service by the local agent. Everytime the service report shows replacement of capacitors, I am woundering what is the normal life span for a so call high quality capacitor inside the amp? Does anyone out there encounters similar experience with me or the capacitor leakage problems is common in all high power rating Class A amplifier. I am getting sick of moving the giant ML333 around and planning to downgrade it to JRDW Concentra II, is it wise move? I will be appriciate for any feedback or recommendation on good quality integrated amp. Good Listening!!
ugin

Showing 1 response by ovature

only the case is built well on the concentra 2. The inside is made of mediocre components with a big no name power supply. Take the top off and have a look. Mine died in less than 3 months. The original concentra was beautifully built inside. The 2 is a joke. Take the top off and you will be shocked. Cost cutting everywhere. The money is put into the casework, not the electronics. It was an overpriced joke. If it was so great, why is it discontinued and replaced with nothing. Try listening to the new Mac pieces and you'll never listen to this overpriced junk again.