Miyabi 47 cartridge: How many hours does it last ?

I have an opportunity to buy a used Miyabi47 cartridge. What is the typical life expectancy of this cart, considering it is well maintained ? How many hours does it really sing without any significant deterioration ?

I remember reading somewhere it only does 1000 hours before starting to lose its magic :(. Is it true ?
pani

Showing 2 responses by gilles130

I bought a levinson mlc-1 in 1997 re tipped by Van den Hull for cheap.Since that time it has worked perfectly ,last year a new re tipping from Van den Hull again (around 1000 hours since the last time). No problem with suspension...
In an interview read on dagogo, Takeda said that levinson give him the idea for the shape of the cartridge.
I use it on a big plinthed lenco with high end bearing...OL conqueror mk II and am totally amazed by the sound of a 32 years old cartridge.
Nandric, the mlc-1 is a low compliance cartridge, designed by nakamichi but built by miyabi. The cello is the same weight but is high compliance (the sound is first class)(review by hifi choice)
Syntax ,my post was to show that miyabi cartridge can be re tipped without problem and are built to last.
Last week i was tempted by a zyx universe with more than 1000 hours so i contacted Roberto Torlai in Italy and he said me that if there were problems inside the cartridge it was impossible to repair, so i stay away.