Mitigating the Bubble

Today after many years of trials and tribulations I have mitigated a sonic aberration a horizontal phase anomaly in my center stage.  While the center image was always stable and outlined it seemed narrow and bubble like and I would need to shift my body angle to really lock in the image. This was obvious on many CDs and LPs .

I have many man made fixes that helped the situation but never a total cure. Some of these are now permanent fixtures on the ceiling in 2 different locations. I made my own acoustic panels filled with long hair sheep's wool and 3 Argent Room Lenses.  I have laminar flow lenses that focus and stabilize the image across the front stage. I have built and treated an acoustic fan that overcomes the  boundaries with in my room by reducing interference. I have loaded my speaker cabinets 3 times with new drivers and now an outboard crossover. This was after my Essence 30s speakers and my Dunlavy SC4s.  ..All my components are hard mounted and direct coupled to the floor...on rock solid racks and speaker stands, custom mono bloc amps each on their own stand. All of these devices and angles and positions made the image wider and more focused but I still had that little  bubble and shift before me. Always less annoying with each new device and tweak.

So, your probably saying to yourself hurry up and get to the end. The end finally arrived today after having applied a contact enhancer 7 days ago to just 6 RCA ends out of many connections in my system.  Today with a friend who has been here a hundred times sitting in the Chair playing the same music as usual he said there was a wider sweet spot. I despise that term but he said it and not me.What we both heard was a super stable center image that was a few feet wide and not just one. The bubble was gone. The head in the vise was gone.  Off came the straight jacket and helmet. What I have now in this space intime is a glorious fully extended soundstage with all the meat on the bones and the features of talking heads on a real live performance stage. 

I have probably used eight different contact enhancers over five decades but this one blows my mind. This product  Nano Flo is the ultimate in transparency. 

Tom 

theaudiotweak

@sheridd2 I get similar results after cleaning all the cable connections in my system with DeoxIT - every 18 months or so.

Yet, I do believe cable connections can be improved with a well-designed contact enhancer. In due time, I’ll probably try Q45T.

Nano-Flo totally lost credibility with his $1000 power cord - soon to be $1500. It’s obvious that he’s overreached.

Not in the same league as Purist, Synergistic, Dynamic Designs, Furutech, Oyaide, etal. He has yet to understand that the connectors are as important to a cable as the wire and wire geometry - to influence SQ. He’s probably never heard of ETI Research - or KLEI - or ATL.

@steakster  Nano-Flo totally lost credibility with his $1000 power cord 

Nest week if it tests out to be no better than a $10 Amazon cord I will apologize to everyone publicly, pull it from ebay, not list them on Amazon and definitely not send any more to studios and musicians for their opinions. Main tests will be posted on my website regardless, but I expect to see what has happened in the past testing, to continue in this lab too.

The new kid

@nano-flo - just because I got a trial with neither of what you describe, doesn't mean I was cheated. Krissy isn't perfect fair enough (nor are we), don't go branding her a thief.

Also, don't pee in my pocket and tell me you've just given me a mobile fish tank.
The $1000 power cord is sold legally in a free market, it doesn't mean it's particularly good value for money, and I shouldn't tell my friends to watch out if I believe it's not worthy?

I can research and DIY a lot of things, almost always if the price isn't cost prohibitive I'll happily part with the money. And if it works sufficiently well, representing value for money, I'm likely to share my experiences with friends, and way less likely to try and DIY or even sell it. Reducing your exposure and gaining positive word of mouth advertising is not a bad way to do business, would be my guess?

@everyoneelse
RixTheTrick is about to go on a speculative journey, first of all, before launch, I operate on the premise that everyone is a friend (we may not have met yet, or they just don't know it yet).

Nasa during it's space program discovered it had a problem when there was cold welding on a space shuttle, nano welding. There's plenty of evidence of this online, I won't bore you with details. It read as though the materials themselves couldn't differentiate between whether of not they are supposed to be one piece or not, and so just became one, without the oxidised layer to keep them separated.

Making leaps here, and you can call me on it, but here goes: Almost all interconnects into connectors are dissimilar metals, there are known reflections in cables and metals, and you can do your own research on this too. The skin despite cleaning oxidises immediately or has another film differentiating it from the conductor it's passing signal through, otherwise it too would cold weld.

It is possible that a non conductive nano product doesn't add to conductivity because it's incredibly conductive, it may be that like the cold welding, by removing an obstacle (in the case of space welding, oxidised contact surfaces ) that hasn't been considered/discussed that the signal has less degradation or interactions to the signal? 

As I've heard nanoflo myself, I know what it has done in my system.
Perhaps Chris may or may not have had shady advertising or dealings, hell it's all unknown to me personally. I paid for it after a free trial, and it was through and supporting a friend, but if I'd heard nothing I wouldn't have paid what I did for it.

It's evident that I'm not a fan of Chris's business practices, but also taking into account I do consider you all friends (even the ones who enjoy giving me a hard time because I befriend whose they consider outcasts or worse) I write. Because it works so well, I am not going to withhold the truthfully disclosed benefits to those confused on whether nano flo the product is beneficial.

The moral dilemma rests in your hands, whether you want invest in it despite this thread, all of our interactions. I for one will attest to the product I received as having immediate and impressive positive results, for the particular purpose I have used it for.

@deludedaudiophile - I am sorry to disagree with you and even a mate from my homeland and others who simply take issue with the manufacturer. I have weighed it up, and consider the personal benefits of the many outweigh the rewarding of practices I don't particularly like. The product in this case, for this purpose specifically does what it's claimed to from posts I've read.

This of course doesn't mean that many complaints, assertions and accusations leveled at the man doesn't befit him, that's not for me to know.

Evidently, like Fox Mulder said, some people really do want to believe.  Only the thing is, they want to believe that Apollo 11 never landed on the moon, that the CIA did for JFK, that Sarah Palin reads magazines, and that nano-flo is the NEXT BIG THING.  I suspect that it gives them a warm and fuzzy feeling just to think that they know something that most people don't, and no amount of reasoning is going to persuade them otherwise.  So there will always be a limited clientele for purveyors of this sort of product, more's the pity.

@nano-flo

@steakster Nano-Flo totally lost credibility with his $1000 power cord

Nest week if it tests out to be no better than a $10 Amazon cord I will apologize to everyone publicly, pull it from ebay, not list them on Amazon and definitely not send any more to studios and musicians for their opinions. Main tests will be posted on my website regardless, but I expect to see what has happened in the past testing, to continue in this lab too.

The new kid

Often times Chris, reputable organizations test for efficacy prior to making claims of efficacy. What tests are you referring to above? You haven't performed any tests! 

Would you please set the stage for the test to come so that the public may evaluate the results?

Who is performing the tests?

Were they furnished with two cords? One $5 Home Depot power cable and one $5 Home Depot power cable treated with Nano-Flo? Did the two cables measure identically prior to the application of Nano-Flo to the one? Rudimentary knowledge of quality control methods for a Chinese made mass produced $1 at wholesale ($1 may be generous) might cast doubt on positive or negative findings since your initial approach might not capture an appropriate baseline measurement between the two cables.

I am interested in the baseline electrical conductivity versus the improved electrical conductivity change you initially claimed prior to having the data.

It would also be helpful for you to explain what was treated on the power cord. I assume it was the contacts since the photos of the cords seem to indicate they were molded at manufacture which would prohibit the treatment of anything internal to the cable.

Listen, to all the sincere believers for the now key-lime "contact enhancer", more power to you. Enjoy your systems in any way you like, you’ll get no flack from me. Awesome. Heck, it would even be great to learn that it cures the common cold although after several days of implying otherwise, its now not advised to drink it.

Once again, to be clear. I dont know Krissy, I don’t know Chris, its obvious their business relationship was never formalized appropriately or it wouldn’t have been so easy to separate. I have not used any "contact enhancers" in the past and I have no skin in the game either way. It should be painfully obvious by now that if I didn’t have any desire to take up Chris’s generous offer previously for a free sample it is unlikely that I would ever spend money to try it in the future.

The only thing that truly bugs me is the aggressive "here I am" entrance and the claims made in advance of any testing otherwise. Chris has clearly stated that his Lexus’ car stereo is his only system and asks you to take him at his word for something he has no knowledge of. Do so at your own risk because this has every marker of a carnival midway.

I have never met a world class chef who uses a Ginsu knife...and I’ve never met a wold class manufacturer of audio equipment who uses Ginsu contact enhancer. We have, however, seen countless instances where great audio companies include power cables with their gear FOR FREE similar to the one Nano is trying to sell for $1,000 and up. You pays your money, its your party.

@rixthetrick I find you to be a great guy and I also believe you (and to some extent Tom) to be sincere gentlemen. Unfortunately, I never stick around long enough when I see a "faith healer" in action...its probably my loss.

More to discover