Mission 761i Speakers

Anyone heard these speakers? I can't find much info on them, but I have a pair and I think they sound great...any thoughts?
mezzrow
I feel the same about some 765's I bought in 89,never heard yours,but they are very good even now as I compare them to my merlins,take care,Bob
The Mission 761i were the previous model to the Mission 731i speakers. I heard them first in 1992, when they were being replaced by the 731 together with the rest of the Mission line up. I fell in love with Missions top of the line monitors at the time (the 751), which I bought several years later.

We still have have the 751s as our main speakers (see my system). Also we have a pair of 731i's in out second system. Both are wonderful speakers with a great midrange.

If you need some more info on the 761i, I have the manual that came with the 731i, which also includes the 761i speakers. I could send you a scanned pdf copy if you are interested.

Enjoy your Mission speakers.

Rene
Here are PDF-manuals and spec-sheets for (discontinued) Mission speakers. Hopes this helps....

http://www.mission.co.uk/index1.htm
Hi, anyone can help to provide the technical specification for Mission 761i especially the Frequency Response +/-3dB, Bass Extension, Crossover Frequency? I can find information for Mission 761 but not for Mission 761i model. Thank you.
I remember them well - they have a tweeter in between 2 identical drivers and they have a really quick fun sound.

I've been looking for a pair to use as a Center for my Mission 753's, I'm using a single 760i at the moment.

Nice little pair of bookshelf speakers and the probably go for peanuts these days...
I just bought a pair of Mission 737s for one of my daughters.  I was always a fan of Mission speakers and they still sound great.  Upgrade the output caps (cheap and easy) and you will have a great time listening to these.

Here is some information on the 760i. Although I am not sure I would pay that much attention to the specs (except maybe impedance and sensitivity).

I should note that I own both the 731i and 760i. I still like the 731i a bit more (more lively, more forward and involving) and have been running it for 21 years now. I am not sure on the 761i (with the two base drivers), I expect them to sound quite a bit different - much lower crossover (4.5KHz in the 760i vs 2.8KHz in the 761i).

I tried many different stand speaker - still kept the Missions 731i over LS3/5s, KEF LS50, and Andrew Jones Elac Uni-Fi UB5.

Mission 761i Specification:
Freq. Response: +-2.5db: 70Hz-20KHz
Freq. Response: -6db: 55Hz
Impedance 8 ohms.
Sensitivity SPL 90 db for 1 W @ 1m.
Recommended Amplifier 25-100 watts.
Max SPL per Pair 103 db.
Drive Units:130mm LF Plasiflex (LF), 19mm Polymide FF Cooled (HF)
Crossover Frequency: 2.8Khz
Volume: 12.5 Litres
Dimension: 380 x 190 x 240 mm (H x W x D).
Weight: 13.5 kg