Miracles in Audio, by luck, by good choices,by design or by tweaking...

I owned a low cost headphone for many years, the Fostex TH7B, first version( a new one close version exist Fostex TH7BK), semi-open headphone...I was never completely satisfied by any headphones I ever owned: Hifiman 400, Stax basic lamda, Stax 5 gold,Akg 340,Akg 701, beyerdynamic 990, and T150... Because in each of them with all their qualities I never listen to at the same times, a confortable headphone with natural timbre and voicing, with a good imaging and a realistic soundstage(not too close to my ears)...

For the last days I tweaked this Fostex, to damp his internal resonance I used sorbothane, I put some shungite stones at the exterior part of the cups and I use some Herkimer diamond in the interior pads( 3 at 120 degree) … Now this low cost headphones crush all my others if I sum all his qualities... For example his mids and voicing cannot beat the AKG 340 but among all my other headphones it is the best that is near that mids and it is more confortable, and with longer cable than the 340...His imaging is better and more realistic than the 340 etc etc...It is the same if I compare with the others...

His most important qualities is natural timbre and clear imaging,very precise pinned point accuracy and natural, so clear it crush for that ALL the others to dust...In the French audio circle the reviews were more than very positive few years ago...Diapason d’or and choc Classica...I am not the only one impressed buy the ratio quality/price... But remember that thesae reviewers dont tweak their headphone...The difference between before and after the tweaks are staggering...

Yes Miracles happens in Audio: cost is under 100 American dollars... Few years ago they cost me 50 bucks new... I never dreamed that I will go back to headphones...

I will enjoy your miracles stories of any kind ….My best to all...
128x128mahgister
I listen Sorabji transcendental studies for piano, by Fredrick Ullen, perhaps one of the greatest piano creation of the last century with Scriabin....The fifth modified S.G. connected to my stones grid had the same impactful effect with my headphones like with my speakers, in nearfield or regular position : transformation of the sound space, imaging, better timbre etc....

Why?

It is not an effect which is directly linked to the acoustic atmosphere of the room only, more so an interaction trough the linked stones between the frequencies of the many electro-magnetic fields interlocked in my audio system...It is only my guess... But the results is astounding for the cost... Perhaps the height where this S.G. is placed (5 feet) improve the effect on the acoustic atmosphere of the room also, then a greater impact...
The improvement on the Fostex Th7B of this fifth S.G. is so great that suddenly I feel a bit foolish for buying the vintage ortho Fostex T10, even at this low price of 75 bucks mint with the original box... :)

We will see, they are here tomorrow.... But it will takes few weeks to modifiy them...Listening first modification after...

By the way I never read a post anywhere about a great impact of Schumann generator with headphone...With speakers yes, and the explanation is linked to the modification of the acoustical atmosphere of the room... In my case with headphone this explanation is no explanation... Except for my guess about the impact of the modified S.G. with crystals and stones linked by cable with my room stone grid... My stones grid is embedded in all my audio room and gear...
Except for the "daimonic" Geoffkait, it seems I speak only to spectral entities now...

(/))
( :
      (o)

Only a word of my friend Thecarpathian and my soul is fresh anew … Deep salutations brother...