Minimonitors

Hoping to get input of fellow members to help with speakers. The most challenging part of my search for audio bliss has been speakers. I've had Thiel 1.2, Monitor Audio Gold, Cary Silver Oak, Zu Essence, Ref 3A MM deCapo BE, Magnepan SMG, and Harbeth SHL5, to name a few. Most have shortcomings but the Harbeths and Magnepans gave me the fondest listening sessions because of their liveliness and imaging. I'm basically looking for something that will just put out what its fed, play well, and basically disappear. I listen primarily to vocal and acoustic music and enjoy 60s and 70s rock and R&B recordings. System consist of LP12/Origin Live/Lyra MC, Esoteric SA-50, David Berning ZOTL Pre One, VAC Renaissance 70-70/Lamm ML2.1/JA Burgess SE45 with Chord and Siltech cables. Hoping to keep the cost below $5K. Any input is appreciated.
128x128bananaslug
Having sold Audio for years  Amphion hand built from Finland uses their own Wave guide ,tight  matching of drivers and like the Argon 3S has a rear radiator for Bass extension without the drawbacks of a port And gives more midrange purity,easy 8 ohm load and can be placed anywhere and in its design sounds good in most any room great soundstage ,imaging and sounds great even at low volume level and used my many in mixing studios  because of its speed and honesty,Very simple 2nd order low parts count Xover great build quality over 26 lbs.
and with the seas drivers is not bright unless your amp is 
can be bought for under $2500.one more thing most speakers crossover the tweeter inthe 2500-3kz range where the ear is most sensitive Amphion crosses over at a very low 1600 that’s one reason why it is so coherent. Check it out.
Before responding, you should have either heard or owned the speakers that you are recommending, not just have read reviews
p05129
Which ones did you own?

Slug,
It looks to me as though you should get a short term lease on
whatever you choose. Your system for deciding on a new speaker
made need a careful review. 

My money would be on the Joseph Pulsars. Graphene not needed.
The Elac Navis speaker is a direction you may want to try. Your Rock music will like them. 
I have proac tablette 10 signatures which are ls3/5a style 86db 10 ohm.

The image fantastically and are very good with folk, jazz and rock. I have a very similar room but I like to run a subwoofer crossed in at 68hz for those bottom octaves.
I second the above.  I have ProAc Tablette 10 Signautres too with SVS sub, running through Naim XS3.  Perfect for me.  I have a room similar in size and listen at similar volume levels.  I run full bandwidth to ProAcs with sub contributing at about 70 and down.