Mini-Rant: Human Fingers

I don't have a huge range of experience in this matter but in my limited experience the experience is universal:

My fingers are too large to comfortably use most speaker binding posts easily. It is always tight and tedious. Yes, my hands are big but not unusually so. No, I'm not a clumsy oaf. Quite experienced doing small delicate work in fact. This experience has bridged hi-fi to mid-fi to low-fi.

I can understand this with small or bookshelf sized speakers. But my experience is with tower speakers. I just wonder if there is a reason for this? 

My experience is similar with components. Even my amp which is a huge 100 pound deal with virtually nothing on the back but two balanced inputs and 4 binding posts. The binding positive and negative posts are very close together and hard to tighten for that reason.

Anyway, rant over. Just wondering if there is a reason for not putting enough space between binding posts to get human fingers all the way around them? 
n80
Use high quality BFA style banana connectors. Better contact area than spades and won't inadvertently loosen as spades can. Oh, and you don't have to fiddle with tightening those pesky binding posts.
It is simply best practice to keep speaker +/- wires close together. Larger distances will create stronger EM that could affect other nearby devices like a transformer.
Are yours closer than the standard, for Five Way binding posts, which has been set for decades? Many have a hex built in, which makes it easy to tighten with a socket(or specialized) wrench. ie: https://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-binding-post-wrench-Discontinued/dp/B0009XQUAM