MidFi multi channel solution needed for HT.

Due to financial position currently, I can't purchase what I want, so to fill the short term need ... I need a multi channel solution below a $4000 threshold. My speakers demand plenty of high quality power to perform at their best, so I am looking to fill that void that was once filled with high end 2 ch separates. If anyone could comment on their own experiences with any of the below solutions I would appreciate it.

Looking for anyone to comment or suggest on their experience they addressed themselves or have helped others reach a well thought out conclusion on same topic. I am looking for a best quality AVR or separate solution. Not necessarily one with the most features. Budget is $2k-4k

Looking for suggestions from those that have had experience with high quality AVRs or midfi AV separates. Entertaining the following products / companies, not in any particular order.

Considering the following AVRs

NAD t777v3 - great sound has Dirac, but unclear if replacement is coming shortly
Arcam -- buggy and unreliable track record but great sound
Cambridge cx200 - no RC to speak of other than REW 3rd party
Lexicon RV9 - unproven track record since Harman acquired them.
Rotel RMB1580 - expensive
Anthem MRX720 - rumor has it that ARC is 2nd to Dirac.

Not considering any other AVRs as a powered solution. But, I am considering a possible use of denon or marantz avr as a preamp as a midfi separates setup, but not sure how the sound quality would compare to the above AVRs.

1. Outlaw 976 with 5-7ch amp ( ati, monoprice, outlaw, rotel or other midfi amp)
2. Midfi AVR such as ( denon 6x00 or Marantz701x ) with separate amplifiers

My biggest stumbling block in the decision process is whether or not the Outlaw 976 will be 'better' than any of the listed solutions on the preamp and processing end of things. And I am hesitant to jump on board with the Outlaw 976, due to major omissions ( no upgrade path, no network or usb connections ). And the tech support is questionable. But if it sounds hands above the rest, I would gladly consider it.

Looking forward to hearing what others can suggest.

current components:

b&w cdm9nt with matching center ch
Kimber Kable 8tc
Kimber Kable ICs

Thx in advance.
lightfighter2018
So, I have a few questions for you before I start down a specific direction:
1.  Is the type/quality of room correction, such as Dirac or ARC, a required  item?

2.  Is the quality of the analog audio circuit important?

3.  Is upgradability an important factor? (if so, then NAD is really the only option within your budget).

4.  Would you consider buying used?  Or do you want only new equipment?
My suggestion is, save for what you really want. If you spend $4000.00 on something you don't really want, you will have to start saving all over again.That's a lot of money and you will only get a fraction of it back by reselling. Just my two cents worth of opinion.
auxinput.

1. Short answer. No. But being that the equipment is not in its own dedicated space ( great room w/kitchen ) I was under the impression some RC would be beneficial. And as I understand it -- ARC and Dirac are far superior to AudXT.  

2. Yes audio circuit would be important, but I know that finances dictate compromises. 

3.  Upgradability is a perk, but not sure its a necessity.  From what I have researched, upgrading via MDC is somewhat cost prohibitive if you factor in the actual cost of a ' latest and greatest ' AVR vs cost of the module being replaced. Depending on what the state of AVRs are in would dictate that move.

4. I would consider used given the right circumstance.  But I do want/need current hdmi specs as well as 4k passthrough. Atmos is not a requirement. WAF dictates number of speakers. On the amp side, as long as the amp is in good working order - I am all for saving money by purchasing used gear.

---- 

Full disclosure.  I have been out of the AV scene a very long time; although I have tried to keep up on the knowledge end of things by reading what I can.  But, with multiple shops closing that I once visited I have not been able to audition gear. My focus as of late had been raising kids and life got in the way of my once great appreciation for all things audio. Sorry didn't mean to derail the topic. Carrying on... 

The crux of this is that I am trying to solve my failing equipment issue, and I am unable to ' wait ' for the budget to grow or get more funding approval from the wife :).  Comprise will have to be just that... compromise. But I want to at least position myself with decent AV gear.

I am open to any suggestions. 

Can you comment on whether or not the preamp side of NAD, Arcam, Cambridge, Anthem is ' better ' than that of Marantz or Denon -- if I choose to use the AVR as a preamp only?  What about a dedicated preamp such as the Marantz 770x or Outlaw 976?  Are either of these going to be a 'better' choice vs one of the above AVRs positioned as just a pre/pro?  Putting aside room correction choices for the moment.

Thanks in advance. 

tpreaves.

I would prefer to 'wait' to upgrade but I have failing equipment and need to insert a solution that I can live with for possibly the long term.  I realize I may be in the minority - since I don't upgrade or change equipment every few years. Hope I am still accepted into this group.

Waiting for the budget to grow would not be feasible at the moment.  And I am not sure the WAF would approve any considerable increase in the budget.  

As far as I know the next step up in sonic improvement from a $2-$4k budget is ... $6k-10k just for pre pro... I am not sure there is anything in between -- unless I am missing something and that just isn't going to happen unless our financial position changes dramatically. 

So, any other comments or suggestions are welcomed.