Midbass under 100$

Hi, i have some sonus Faber concertino with a nad 3020

I love their warm sound but they have lost some "health", since I have already built some speakers i thought that i could do it again and build something that sounds like or better that my sonus Faber, the only thing is that when I built my speakers there wasn't so many drivers out there, is was an easy pick, but now, i want to get the best drivers for the price that i can get, could you help me?

orcodisco
Post removed 

No, i didn't purchase any drivers, so I'm free, i want to build a 3 way possibly without a subwoofer, i think they are to invasive for the songs that i hear, but if you know a good subwoofer and you like it, I'll maybe change my mind

Well if there is no sub in the box that is better. I quit using 300hz and below on my monitors a long time ago..

A two way is perfect like a MTM. Add your subs as you see fit..

https://www.parts-express.com/speaker-components/speaker-subwoofer-kits

Regards

"Midbass under $100" is going to be a serious challenge.  That being said, the parts-express link that oldhvymec provided is a good place to look.  The Dayton drivers are actually very nice for the money and sound very good for what you spend.  Granted, they are NOT going to have the resolution and impact of drivers such as Seas or Scan-Speak, but with a $100 budget you are not going to do any better.

However, if you are comparing this to the Sonus Fabre Concertino, you are likely going to be dissapointed.

Ok, thanks so what drivers would you choose with a limit of 600$

For 4/6 speakers (2/3 way)

If you want to challenge the resolution capabilities of something like a Sonus Faber, you may need to increase budget a bit, but it's hard to know for sure without trying them all.  As mentioned, Seas and Scanspeak are excellent,...maybe look into SB, Satori, or Morel too.  You may find some used stuff too.... Vifa, Focal, Audax, Dynaudio Peerless, etc.

I totally agree with knotscott.  The Concertino had excellent resolution in the mids and upper mids. It has a rich tangy sound to the midrange texture (it's hard to describe).  To reproduce this is going to be very hard.  The best I can come up with is to get a Scan-speak paper cone midwoofer such as the 18W/8542-10 7" ($213).  This will get you excellent resolution for the mids and upper mids.  It may not have that rich/tangy flavor of Sonus Fabre, but I think it's the closest you will get.  Then combine it with a Seas Excel T29CF-002 (E0040) Crescendo Fabric Dome Tweeter ($362).  This tweeter is has excellent resolution, but it is just a tiny bit forgiving because it's a fabric dome.  It is very sweet sounding and very forgiving (just like the Concertino soft-dome tweeter) and it has a sweet/colored sound that makes you think that you're listening to a tube amp. 

There may be other combinations, but these drivers are what I know.  I probably would not combine these two in my own speaker, but you're chasing the "sound" of the Concertino and I think this will get you somewhat close.  You can get these from Madisound and they will also design a crossover for these two drivers as well.