Mid Range Streamer DAC recommendation help requested!
In looking for a new one box music streamer /DAC I am striking out as far as the actual in store, "seeing, listening and buying" process is now a little bit harder to find.
Two of our local brick and mortar A/V stores have closed, Axpona is postponed until 2021, and the big city stores are now curbside delivery or online only.
For now I am hoping to share this discussion with the Agon experts here to get your thoughts and feedback regarding a few possible good music streamer / DAC candidates.
I am looking for a good quality Streamer/ DAC that should provide years of good, enjoyable music service.
Some of the Brands /models that I have read about as being good mid range devices are listed below:
Bryston BDA 3.14
Cary Audio DMS-550
Mytek Brooklyn Bridge / Manhattan
Please share your experiences (good or bad) if you have had some extended / operating listening time with any of these components!
Some of the criteria that I would hope to find would be :
1. Very good sound quality,
2. Reliable, durable, (something that does not break down during streaming or need frequent tweaks or updates)
3. Future-proof, (as much as is reasonable)
4. A product that is fairly easy to operate, and also fun to use.
5. Right Jacks and plugs for the key connectors. (Do not need a headphone jack or TT connector at this time).
6. Good quality DAC chips, with equally high specs for playback PCM and DSD levels, etc.
7. Should function perfectly with ROON, Tidal, MQA, Qobuz, etc.
Not interested in the multiple box / PC route as I am not an IT person.
PS 1: There may other Streamer DACs that should also be included in this list ,and please suggest those in your reply email.
PS2: The output end of the music is through Legacy Amps and Legacy Focus SE speakers.
PS3: I will pursue some type of digital storage in the future, maybe like a Roon Nucleus or equivalent.
Hopefully that future NAS will mesh perfectly with the new streamer DAC.
Thank you very much!