Micromega Mydac is a pain..

I've been trying to upgrade the driver for this for 2 days now and I'm done pulling out my hair. What a joke. The driver for 24 bits/192 khz won't load with Windows 10. The tutorial supplied doesn't work, either. Thought I'd try my old desk top which runs Windows XP, and got somewhere with that. I was able to download the driver, but it still wasn't recognized with my notebook running Windows 10. I uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, and reinstalled, and it still isn't recognized. Micromega doesn't respond to emails. It will work for streaming Tidal, Spotify, and Radio Tunes, but it just bothers me that I bought something that only partially works and the manufacturer won't even respond. I've had reservations about this digital business and now I see why. I've had a monster headache for 2 days now and I'm finished with it. When I think about hooking the notebook up to it I just get pi$$ed. I think if I take a huge hammer to it I'd feel a lot better.
128x128abucktwoeighty

Showing 1 response by zd542

If you want an alternate solution until they fix the Win 10 drivers, you can use Linux. Its like Apple. You don't need special drivers. You can put a Linux distro on a dvd or usb stick and run it directly from that, and not touch your hard drive. All you need to do is download an iso file and burn it on a dvd. If you're interested, I can show you where to download exactly what you need. Its much easier than dealing with Windows.