Micromega M-100/150 field reports

Got a M-100 or M-150?  Share your setups, tweaks and observations, and help out your homies.

My initial M-100 config and some early observations in this thread.

Things I'm wondering about:

• hacks & upgrades to LAN infrastructure including h/w, and whether they make an objective difference in reproduction from the M-100/150
  • power cords/supplies, with same question (objective difference?)
  • MARS room correction performance & value
  • whether Micromega will have any relief for the abject instability of their Android control app (circa 2016)
usery
Can anyone report back on the fan noise? Is it bothersome and does it run a lot? 

How about the temperature of the unit. Is it very high and something you worry about for longevity? 

I was told recently that the Ethernet port will become an ROON end-point by the end of 2018. Does anyone have this feature implemented yet?

How do you guys compare the sound of the unit. Is it comparable to a highish end integrated such as the Mark Levinson 585 or Luxman 509x. Specifically with the layering of the sound and the air around instruments? The new Mark Levinson 5000 series is a cheaper alternative to the ML 585 and something that I am also looking at for a small room. 

Quite a few questions.
Can anyone report back on the fan noise? Is it bothersome and does it run a lot? How about the temperature of the unit. Is it very high and something you worry about for longevity?
I have the M-100.  I've heard no fan noise.  External temp of the case is at best warm at end of the day (~6-8hrs powered on, with a couple 2hr listening sessions).  I don't worry about longevity.
... Ethernet port will become an ROON end-point by the end of 2018. Does anyone have this feature implemented yet?
I don't use Roon.  For me open-source (free) alternatives + UPnP/DLNA are better value.  DLNA already supported by the M-One's.
How do you guys compare the sound of the unit ... Specifically with the layering of the sound and the air around instruments?
If sounds-like-Rolling-Stones-playing-Hey Negrita-right-in-the-room-with-you is equivalent to "layering" and "air around instruments", then yes.

I measure the top it an IR thermometer at 95F and at the side where the “vent” is at 97F both at idle and running.  Can occasionally hear the fan with my ear close by but certainly not at listening position with no music on.  
I switched from fairly high end tube integrated and think the M100 sounds fantastic.  
As for Roon endpoint, I doubt anyone has it yet since they haven’t released it, but an email from Micromega assured it’s coming.  I’m looking forward to it since Roon has been one of the best stereo/music purchases I’ve made.  The ability to explore my collection in new ways is so worth the price.  For me, free doesn’t always equal value.  
Post removed 
regarding temperature, this was an area I too was concerned. i was unsure what would be considered too warm/hot, and my only point of comparison was my prior integrated amp (A/B) which only ran slightly warm (but also had a massive case and plenty of airflow).

i measured the surface temperature to be ~78 degrees when off. this was similar to ambient temperature in the room, if maybe a few degrees warmer. when running, after about 20-30 minutes it gets up to max temperature, which i measured to be approximately 105-107 around all sides of the outer case. after 3-4 hours of simply keeping the amp "on" (no music), the temperature stayed the same.

i emailed Micromega tech support with my questions and information. tech support was extremely quick to respond that they keep the amp "on" for 6-7 days at a time, never turning it off, and occasionally turning it off over the weekend (at their shop). they measured their temperature to be 107 F, and indicated "it's completely normal. the fan comes on when needed, and doesn't interfere with sound quality."

i've now owned my amp for 3-4 months and i enjoy it on a daily basis.

on a separate note, i've used the headphone jack a few times, sparingly, and concur with others that it may be underpowered? i've only tried it with Grado SR-80, and I turn the volume to 50-60 to be fully immersed. for reference, these headphones' impedance is 32 ohm with 99.8 db sensitivity.