Micro Seiki RX-1500 Gasket

I have the above turntable with the vacuum attachment and the two flexible rubber gasket that fits up against the LP were destroyed by my Siamese cat, who has now passed into cat heaven.  Does anyone have any idea where I might find something suitable to replace it?   

I tried O-Rings but they are too hard and don't come in the right sizes.   I found lots of various types of foam that could work but LP's are round, not straight lines.    There is a photo of the turntable here, although this one doesn't have the vacuum option and my arm boards are solid brass, not wood:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-Seiki-RX-3000-RY-3300-SME-3012-WE-308L-MA505-AT6006-SERVICED/11349140...   

The round gaskets would fit around the outer rim of the LP and outer rim of the label.
128x128spatialking

Showing 4 responses by spatialking

Yeah, I have discovered the wild costs for some of this stuff.   I did send the German group an email and asked about the gaskets.   I'll post the response here, if I get one.  

Thanks for the info!
Robert
The German group got back to me and mentioned there is a huge interest in replacement gaskets but the tooling cost is so high, that they cannot proceed with having any made.  

However, I did find a potential alternate product.  I found a window gasket at Home Depot and it is very soft, self adhesive, and white.  I think this will work so I will see if I can install it today and report back here.  
This response to the thread is a bit late as I have gone through a lot of gaskets since I wrote the above response in February last year.   I eventually found that two gaskets at Home Depot work pretty well.   Not perfect but pretty well.   These are made by MD, called Rubber Window Seal, and you will need the XSmall one, P/N 02592.  It is 1/8" tall and 3/8" wide and I use it as the center gasket.  This one has vertical ridges on it, which is its short coming.  It if was an oval, it would probably be perfect.   The other gasket is also an MD Rubber Window Seal, and you will need the Medium size.  P/N is 63602, it is oval, 1/4" tall and 5/16" wide.   This one works quite well, if you have trouble getting a good vacuum seal, it is due to the center gasket.   Hope this helps you guys!