Michael Fremer leaves Analog Planet

I'm not sure who I can trust anymore.....

128x128j-wall

Magazines need to make money, they cant keep giving honest reviews otherwise the industry will not support them. No longer follow any magazine reviews not falling for the hype and crap anymore.

I’m not sure who I can trust anymore.....

https://www.analogplanet.com/content/welcome-analog-planet-20

I like Fremer. I like his reviews and his quirkiness. And I’ve found his videos very informative. But I can’t stand his protege, that self-entitled little brat called Malachi. He may be a wunderkind when it comes to knowledge of vinyl history and production, but he’s been set free on AP to write what he wants, insult the artists he reviews and insult the readers. And at his age he doesn’t have the skills or life experience like Mikey. He should not be telling us what it was like being a protester of the Vietnam war, he thinks he’s a mini Mike.

Anyway, if you read the comments included in the provided link, he drops a bombshell, writing that he’s leaving AP and following Fremer on his next endeavor. And it’s obviously a shock to the publisher. His first job and he’s burned a bridge. I hope MF stops mentoring this kid and continues doing what he does best.

That is a shame. Fremer knew his stuff and was a great reviewer, unlike so many others. I wish him well.