Metrum Onyx versus Metrum Pavane

I wanted to see who has moved up from the Metrum Onyx to the Pavane or Adagio and was it worth it?

I currently run the Onyx with Metrum Ambre via I2S.

Let me know who else out there has experience with Metrum in general.

Thanks!
128x128justjames72
I would spend bulk of the budget on speakers, and then a very good source. At this level, Onyx is certainly not going to be the limiting factor. 
Lost two boxes today when I removed my preamp and its outboard power supply from my system.

After recently purchasing a Jade and Baby Ambre for a second system, I put the Jade into my main system (in place of a Pavane L3 into an SMc Audio preamp).   After I heard how good the Jade sounded, I decided to revisit my Adagio vs. Pavane L3 + Preamp comparison. 

I still hear the DAC-direct approach as a touch more extended with slightly better resolution compared to the Pavane L3 into my SMc preamp, which sounds slightly more rounded with a touch more bloom and a bit less resolution.  However, the two set-ups sounded close enough that my desire to simplify my system caused me to order a new Adagio.  Using the Jade DAC-direct into my amps (until the Adagio gets here in a week or so) simplifies things significantly - less boxes, less PCs, less ICs and less shelf space needed.  I look forward to hearing how much the Adagio will improve on the (already quite good-sounding) Jade.
@mitch2 have you had time to listen to the Adagio?

Also, what are the main benefits in using the Jade as opposed to Onyx? Is it mainly just being able to hook directly to a power amp?
@justjames72
Correct, removing the preamp from the chain and any effect (positive or negative) that it may or may not have on your system. There are also jumpers in the Jade that allow you to bypass the volume adjustment and send a fixed output of either 2V or 4V (IIRC).
@justjames72
have you had time to listen to the Adagio?
Just a little - it is nowhere near broken in but sounds pretty good. It does improve on the Jade by displaying a richer tonal quality probably due to more dac chips and a bigger power supply.
I will not be able to try it again until Sunday. I plan to also try the Adagio through my preamp -both through the volume control and after taking the volume control out of the circuit. I have received instruction on how to take the (very high quality) volume control out of my preamp’s circuit so I would then be running my preamp as a unity-gain buffer. It is going to be a lengthy audition if I want to try all configurations and to make sure the Adagio is sufficiently burned to sound its best.