Merry Christmas to Me.....New tonearm on the way

I got back into vinyl in the very early 2000's. Great time for buying records after buying into the perfect sound forever in the 80's. Sometime later I bought my Teres 340, which was a far reach in my pocket. Since i spent all the $$$ on a good TT, I had to buy a temporary  tonearm. Enter the Origin Live Illustrious 3. However that was 12-14 yrs ago . The TT sounds so good that I just upgraded other parts of the system without thought to the tonearm.

I have been on the hunt for a tonearm for about 6 months now. I finally pulled the trigger on a TriPlanar Mk Vii which  was just updated to the latest specs. it should be here tomorrow. Hopefully this will be the final piece of a puzzle which has taken a long time.

That said, many tweaks have been done previously to the system and more to go. My system has never sounded better. But I suspect the TriPlanar will take it up even further. But I still great respect for the OL arms

128x128artemus_5

That’s funny….my “temporary” tonearm on my Teres was an OL Silver (finally upgraded to an OL Enterprise after 15 years). 

@nrenter 

Iirc OL was one of the recommended arm for the Teres. Congratulations on the Enterprise. I kick myself for allowing one to slip by me last year. But finding info for that arm is also near impossible. Fwiw I now realize just how good the OL is. Yes, the Triplanar is a better arm in every area. But the Illustrious 3a is much closer in sound quality to the TP than it should be considering it's price.. It's easy to see why I kept it so long. Still, I'm glad I got the TP. More of everything and almost fun to setup. And that is the problem with the OL line. Anyway good hearing from you. Enjoy the TT. I'm sure the Enterprise is a fine arm. Would love to try one myself.

I swore up and down I’d never buy another OL tonearm, but one presented itself at the right time, in the right configuration (DIN detachable tonearm cable), at the right price (stupid low). I’m quite pleased with it - I never thought I’d own such a nice tone arm. That TP am is super sexy! Congrats!!

What is so hard to set up? Mine dropped in, turn one nut finger tight, done. Minutes.