Merlins VSM placement question

Hi all,
I currently own a pair of VSM-MXe for a year now - Very happy with them after trying different front-end and preamp/amp
Despite swapping gear in/out, I notice that the soundstage is always somewhat narrow, too focus at middle (same plan with speaker).
My room is 23ft long x 16ft wide x 10ft high
Speakers are 7ft apart and 5ft from front wall (16ftwide wall). Listening seat is 7.5ft from speakers plan
The whole set up is 1.5ft off to the right of center axis of the room (due to door access)

I followed exact Bobby's instruction including toe-in angle using included tool

My question is did you're Merlins' owners followed exact set up instruction from Bobby, regardless of your room's dimension ? What's your placement dimension?

I want wider and deeper sound stage, not too forward
I have a feeling if I move apart extra 1ft between speakers, or set up the toe-in 3ft behind the seat, I would change the sound stage as I wanted

I have Jim Smith's Get Better Sound with me, but I'm kinda lazy unless I can see if it's worth the sweat

PS: I have tried Cary all-the-way (SLP05+CAD120S+306/200) with CGRs, and Sony 5400ES + ARS Sonum - with same stage sound
Please advice
Thanks
Thuan
128x128thuan98
Post removed 
I never A/B'd different footers, so I can't say what if any differences I would here. I went with the APs because they specifically say that they couple the speaker to the surface beneath them, rather than decoupling them (some of these brass cups claim to decouple. I don't understand any of this other than to say Bobby mentioned I should not decouple the speaker from the wood floor, I tried the APs and think the speakers sound wonderful. Whether other brass cups would sound any different, I have no idea - I only know they work very well in my setup and keep those viscious, sharp spikes off my floors.
Hi all,
I'm still using the brass discs that came with the Merlins.
What I need is temporarely disc to move speakers around for best placement (inch by inch).
Reason I'm not using orig disc is this one is too small. If not carefully move, the sharp spike will slip off easyly (happen to me:-)
Best is cut some scrap laminate wood floor 2"x2" and apply disc felt under. The spike will couple with it nicely.
Thanks all
Thuan
Remove the spikes and place them on a heavy towel. Move them around for a while and take notes. Put the spikes back on again when you find the "best" location. Fine tune.

The spikes might add 5% but really having the freedom to move them without limitation could add 40%.
thuan, no brass disks came with the speakers unless the original owner sent you his. for your type of moving i use a pennies prior to 1980 low zinc variety so the point digs into the penny, then you can move the speakers at will. but be careful still.
let me know how it turns out.
i think you need to call me for set up advice.
best, b