Merlins under $3,000?

I posted a question asking for favorite speakers under $3,000, b/c I'm looking. Several people recommended Merlin VSMs (I need floorstanders).

They have great reviews (thanks everyone who replied), but what kind of VSM is under $3,000? Not the ones I see for sale on Agon.

Also...what sort of impact does the BAM have. I have a 20' by 16' room which is very open. I've read that the Merlins might not be able to fill a room that size, which doesn't seem that big to me. Plus I love a deep bass. Would owner's suggest running a sub (or two) with the Merlins?
sloane27
the VSM has been in production for MANY years ... older versions can be had for well under $3k but do not come up too frequently. oldest are NOT upgradable to current status due to the "lead free" design of current model (check with Merlin on this to be sure)

I had the VSM SE and it was a very good loudspeaker
I think you'll have a hard time finding VSMs under $3000. I'm not sure why you "need" floorstanders. TSMs with a reasonably good sub are terrific!

p.s. I've owned both VSMs and TSMs. I presently own TSMs
Another "p.s.": I don't think you'll have trouble "filling" your room with the proper amplification. I have a similarly-sized room
I run my VSMs with two rythmik subs, because my setup doubles for HT. If you love deep bass I think you would want subs with the Merlins as well. I was able to get my VSM-MME delivered for well under 3,000 about 10 months ago, but you're correct recently I haven't seen them sell that low.
There is a pair of Merlin's for sale at msshifi for 3500 in case you want to check them out;there are pictures.

Merlin Music Systems VSM-MM
Price: $3,500.00
MSRP: $9,500.00
.Speakers with RCA Super BAM
>There is a pair of Merlin's for sale at msshifi for 3500<

As usual, it's buyer beware with that outfit.....

Shakey
You should have absolutely no trouble finding a pair for under $3000. Of course, you're not going to get the latest iteration, but you can always upgrade down the road.

The BAM makes a tremendous difference. It's what separates the speaker between it possessing the foundation of the music and not. I don't mean to imply it makes it a true full range speaker, but there is enough there to satisfy in conveying the message of the music.