Merlin MMe - Bi-Wire or Single Wire

I am a little unclear as to what Merlin recommends...it seems that they want a single run of wire with the jumpers utilized...anyone confirm this?

The reason for the question is that I have them bi-wired and sounding great, and it is a pain in the neck to undo the amp side of this bi-wire arrangement...if I am totally wrong then I will keep things as is...

Thanks
chadlesko

Showing 2 responses by cruz123

Chadlesko, one thing I would point out, is that you experimented over such a short time frame that subtle differences in the set ups may not have been apparent. Bi-wire may very well work best in your setup, but I would suggest putting the single wire and jumpers back in for 40-50 hours of listening and then change back. In this manner, your frame of reference is greater and you will more easily distinguish differences in the two setups. Just a thought.
Merlin recommends single wire with the cardas jumpers and zobel network (if needed) supplied by Merlin. I use mine in this manner and they sound great. Of course, its all up to your ears. If you enjoy the bi-wire setup, so be it. But, given Melin's strong recommendation for the single wire setup, its probably worth the experiment to make sure you're getting the most out of the TSM's. Also, I suggest adhering closely to Merlin's recommendations in regard to setup, i.e. listening distance, toe-in, etc. With proper set-up the TSM's are truly outstanding speakers.