Meridian dSP7200 questions

Hello 

I  am concidering a set of DSP 7200's with an 808.2 cd player. I am a little unclear about the entire hook up though. I want to be able to hook up a streamer and a Turntable. I am asuming I need a preamp in order to acomplish this.

I am usually a vintage guy so this is a little out of my comfor zone.

Sugestions of paticular Meridian models would be a big help to.

Pk

128x128pkvintage

The important thing with the Meridian is using the digital connections and nothing in analog.  I believe the 808.2 has digital input for an external source and a source selector?  If so, that is how I would do things.  I believe all the amp and dac is done 100% by the speakers.  One speaker is the master that the cd digital goes into and the other is the slave, that is connected to the master.  The Meridian sound is very wonderful and some of the fastest speakers I have ever heard.  I believe their philosophy is fewer components, less distortion and better sound.  I had a friend that has the DSP5000's and was fine without a preamp until he wanted to hook up a turntable (analog) and sub.  Hope this helps. 

I have since discovered that the 808.2 can be upgraded to an 808i.2 version. The difference between the two versions is the inclusion of an analogue board to allow different sources. In fact, all 808 after and including 808i.2 had the additional analogue board installed.