Meridian 565 w/dts update vs Classe ssp 25THX

I'm considering one of these processors. I'm using a mccormack amp for main speakers which is only single ended. My main speakers are B&W M804. I listen 70% 2 channel and 30% ht. Any advice would help. Thanks
demar

Showing 2 responses by jamesw20

Sorry to underestimate your knowledge. I still don't think you can compare Meridian to Sony??? BTW, what kind of 150K two channel front equipment did you sell? You are obviously out of my knowledge base.
flrnlamb, you haven't known many HIGH END dealers. The meridian 800 series is considered by many to be not only the best HT unit made, but rivals levinson equipment for stereo reproduction. Given the 500 series isn't as good, but look at the reviews of the 568 ans 568.2. jGiven, the classe equipment is class but your knowledge of meridian isn't reality. BTW, by high end, a meridian 800 system without meridian speakers is $40,000 - $50,000 for pro and cd/dvd. To the question, you must listen to both to get your preference. I like meridian, but classe equipment is wonderful as well. The 565 is no longer being upgraded. Go the the 561 for a bargain and you get computer setup as well as continued software upgrades.