Meridian 508.24 vs. Proceed CDP

Has anyone done a head to head comparison of the Meridian 508.24 CD player against the Proceed CDP? If so which did you like better, why, and what other components were in your system? Thanks.
redwing

Showing 1 response by jmcgrogan2

I'll agree with Whknopp0713. I also own the Proceed and auditioned the Meridian. While I found the Meridian better for some types of music, I preferred the Proceeds dynamics overall. The Meridian was smoother and sounded better on solo type recordings (pianos only or guitars only), vocals were warmer also. But the dynamic attack, or the feeling of listening to a live performance was lacking with the Meridian, IMHO. The Proceed had a more 'live' feeling to it. Classical orchestra, rock bands, whatever had more ooomph with the Proceed. These comments were exaggerated for the purpose of description. I could listen to rock on the Meridian and instruments and vocals sound good on the Proceed as well. I wound up getting the best of both worlds IMO, by combining the Proceed digital and pre/pro with Classe amplifiers. I hope this helps.