Meridian 508.24 Service

I have a Meridian 508.24 that is skipping, and I am trying to find someone to service it - anywhere in the US would be fine. I can not get any information out of Meridian.
cag84

Showing 2 responses by zd542

I had one of those. Honestly, I wouldn't bother fixing it. Its just my opinion, but I think that there are alot of other players out there that sound much better. Either way, call Stereo Exchange in NYC (212-505-1111). They can fix it.
I just remembered something that's kind of funny and may explain some of the problems people are having with these units. As part of a demo in the store, the salespeople unplugged the CD player, pried the drawer open by hand and then picked it up using the open drawer as a handle. And then, to the amusement of all, started shaking the poor thing around in a very violent way. Yes, it did seem to work OK after all that, but I made damn sure to get one in a new, clean and factory sealed box. I hope you guys did too. Those little black boxes are really heavy.

Also, to expand on my first post as to the sound quality of the 508, I didn't really mean to put it down as a bad sounding player. I just found it a fairly boring player to listen to. It was one of those products that didn't do anything wrong. But that's it. Of course, thats just my opinion of it in my system. If you have one and enjoy it, keep it. Thats all that matters.