Meridian 508.24 problem

Hello! I would appreciate it if someone can help me with a recent symptom my Meridian 508.24 is staring to develope.

On occasions when I've played the player for more than 45min, it will get stuck reading (ie. at a certain point in a song, and it plays like a broken record over and over again) until I stop it. It however returns to normal after I stop it and then resume play again.

This morning, it occurs twice on different CDs and I was playing a total of about 3 hours.

Has anyone come across this symptom? What needs to be done to rectify this problem?

Any feedbacks would be most grateful Thanks!

Best regards.
strooper

Showing 3 responses by ryder

Strooper, before you send your player for repair, try cleaning the lens with a dry cotton bud. If this method fails I think you need to give Meridian a call.
The CD player's lens need to be replaced. You might want to send your player to the manufacturer for service/repair by a qualified technician.
Timrhu, I'm intrigued by your method in dealing with problems associated with the reading of discs, and would be grateful if you could share a little of your knowledge by elaborating in more detail on your success with the can of compressed air that you've used. Or any other methods worth trying before sending the machine for lens replacement. Not too sure what equipment did you use to force compressed air to clean the lens though.

Cheers.