@mention

How do you guys make your username to @mention yourself from other members? Can someone try @thyname and see if it gets blue and able to mention me here? the admin was able to do it, but don't think anyone else can mention me with @ here

I see I can mention some people in the Forums by @ followed by user name (start typing until the blue username shows up, then select it), but not all. And nobody seems to be able to @mention my username.

It's very useful because it notifies you via email when someone mentions a username using @
128x128thyname

@thyname , works for me. It's a lot different than the older system and it takes a second or two to collate the names that apply as you add letters but it's faster now than it was. Must be a learning curve.

@thyname 

All the features work except text appears as it would on a desktop PC. I guess it's only compatible with Apple. I'm using Android, not mobile-friendly.

Timely that this forum discussion was created while we were in the process of fixing this exact thing.

We’ve corrected the inconsistent tagging bug, and updated the logic for @-Mentions—a long over-due issue. Recent Commenters are weighted in the initial suggestions, with users filtered as you type their handle. We’ve also included avatars, if present, to make it a bit easier. Below is a screenshot of what that looks like.

As some users mentioned, there is a difference in the the notifications you can receive. When you get mentioned, you will receive an in-app notification (bell icon at top-right). The checkbox in your Notification Settings controls whether or not you also get an email.

We are aware of some discrepancies between behavior on iOs and Android, and different browsers (for instance the hitting the "Done" button on mobile in Safari dismisses your keyboard but in Chrome it does not). And will be working to chip away at any of those.

In addition to the mentions fix, we’ve also rolled out new functionality on the Forums. For full details, visit the Forum Updates 11/24/2021 discussion.

- Tammy