Member's recommendations for tube amplification

Your thoughts on options to consider:

- I'd prefer SET (open to DHT but not a requirement).

- I'm not looking for overtly warm, romantic or lush options.

- Minimum power in the teens to twenties, 10W being the floor.

- Open to higher power push-pull amps, but let's limit ceiling to around 60W.

- Single ended is fine though having XLR inputs would be nice (doesn't have to be true balanced)

- I'm cool with single chassis or monos.

- I have preferences for tube types, but leaving it open ended to get broad recommendations.

- I'm currently running an all solid state system, though have had tube based systems built around ARC, BAT, Ayon, Melody, Pathos, etc.

- Preamp will be a Pass XP-20 or the Metrum Adagio DAC direct to the amp.

- I'd like to stay around 3K used but can push the budget to 6K new/used.

- Speaker sensitivity is 94dB and higher.

THANKS!
david_ten
"...I just think invariably you may think about upgrading some part of your system again."

Jond has just described the audiophile condition in a nutshell, regardless of what kind of amp you use. :)
Waltersalas,
I’ve expressed on many occasions my unabashed joy with the Coincident Frankenstein. I truly suspect that I’d be just as thrilled with the Line Magnetic 508ia. It is reputed to have high quality output transformers and power supply. 805 tube driven by the 300b? Sounds like a formula for superb sound quality if implemented correctly. My gut feeling is that this is a very top tier amplifier. I will say that the Frankenstein is one of the very best sounding Amplifiers I’ve ever heard. I don’t see how someone could possibly go wrong with either excellent choice.
Charles
David,

I have heard all of the LM Intergrated amps with the exception of the 508 but if I get the chance to borrow one that is local to me you can beat I will.

The 508 will most definitely accept preamp input and I do believe that the 508 has a pretty good preamp section as is vs other brands of tubed Intergrated amps that I have owned or heard.

Kenny.
I've been reflecting about the integrated amplifier option for 24 plus hours now and I think it's best for me to stay focused on a pure amplifier at this time.

I'm saying this fully realizing that something like the Octave or Line Magnetic or other higher performing tube integrated amp could and would work beautifully.

Thanks to all of you for reaching out with those options.  
@almarg  and @swampwalker   since you recommended VAC,

and others who may know:

What are the reasons for the number of VAC Phi-200 listings?

Is it purely due to the replacement Signature 200iQ?