Member Almarg passed away last night

Al ( @almarg ) passed away peacefully yesterday evening, September 14th, 2020.

Margaret, Al's wife, was by his side most of the afternoon.

Both she and Al, as well as Al's family, were deeply touched by the outpouring of respect and appreciation for Al from members who, via written word, shared so very much in the 'Update on Audiogon Member Almarg' thread.

Margaret extends her thanks, gratitude and appreciation to all members. She treasures each and every post.
david_ten
Thank you so much David for acting as the conduit between this board and Al’s family. It is with great sadness that we receive this news. I wish the best to Margaret and her family as they work through this trying time. Al will indeed be missed. While we are all saddened, we must also remember to celebrate a life well lived, which it sure sounds to me that Al led. So let’s be glad that we were able to have him among our community and let us honor him as we move forward by asking ourselves, What would Al do? I wish peace and condolences to all.
RIP Al. Condolences to Margaret and her family. Al was a brilliant man with a gentle touch.  Audiogon will not be the same without him. I'm sure anyone who knew him personally will miss him more than we here on Audiogon. And, as we can see form this outpouring of sympathy, we will miss him tremendously.
I am very sad to hear of Al's passing. I will miss his always informative posts, and most of all I will miss the way he treated everyone with respect and dignity. Peace be with you.