Melos Audio MA200 PH: your opinions, please

I have the chance to purchase this preamp and I may even listen to it in my my own own rig.
But I must confess that I don't know much about it and the test will be necessarily short, I cannot keep it for weeks and I won't have much time for listening these days.
So I'm asking you comments about the general characteristics (talkin' about sound) of the preamp, would it be a good match with my ARC 100.2 power amp and B&W 804s speakers, would it better my ARC LS7 or not... and moreover about reliability: I know Melos does not exist anymore and M.A.R. neither, but are these devices frail or flimsy ?
my ARC LS7 is not much younger but never had a problem up to date... what about Melos in your experience ?

thanks, ciao
daniele
daniele_g

Showing 1 response by daniele_g

Thanks Steuspeed.
Meanwhile I have brought the Melos home as a loan and this morning I started some listening.
Well, compared to my ARC LS7 (retubed by Siemens NOS), it sure shows a wider frequency extension, it goes higher and lower, and more details and control.
But there's something that sounds innatural to me in the mids, namely voices.
And moreover it "hisses" very much, due to tubes: during pauses in the music or pianissimos, it can be heard from the lisetening point and that's quite annoying.
Looks like the phono section is great.

Just the very first impressions.