Melody AN845 or Audio Space Reference 3.1 or LM

I have an Audio Space Reference 3.1 integrated amp with the 300B output tubes. Ever since I read about Line Magnetic 845 amps I have been intrigued and wanted to try an 845 tube amp. Would I hear a discernible difference between my Audio Space and any one of the following amps: LM 518, LM 219ia and/or the Melody AN845? Which one is best and why? Is the 219 the best of both worlds as it uses the 300B tube to drive the 845? If I threw a JAS Array 2.1 into the mix, which also uses 300B tubes to drive the 805's, how would you compare and contrast and rank all of these amps?

Thanks.

Thanks.
rdschicago

Showing 1 response by teajay

Hello Rdschicago,

I have written reviews on both Melody and Audio Space amps for hometheaterreview.com. These include 300B, 211 and 845 based designs. They are all outstanding, however my favorite based on overall timbres/tonality and image density are the 300B based amps followed by the 211 and finally the 845 tube designs. Even if you drive a 845 with a 300B tube you still will get the overall all sound of the 845 tube, which I find to be the most solid state sounding of all these tubes.