Melody AN845 or Audio Space Reference 3.1 or LM

I have an Audio Space Reference 3.1 integrated amp with the 300B output tubes. Ever since I read about Line Magnetic 845 amps I have been intrigued and wanted to try an 845 tube amp. Would I hear a discernible difference between my Audio Space and any one of the following amps: LM 518, LM 219ia and/or the Melody AN845? Which one is best and why? Is the 219 the best of both worlds as it uses the 300B tube to drive the 845? If I threw a JAS Array 2.1 into the mix, which also uses 300B tubes to drive the 805's, how would you compare and contrast and rank all of these amps?

Thanks.

Thanks.
rdschicago

Showing 1 response by finylula

I have both the Melody AN845 and the LM 219IA. I bought the AN845 about a year ago, and the LM219 has now been used for about 2 months. The difference? The sound of the AN845 is in my opinion more energetic, forward and "ballsy". The bass is very good. The LM219 is more delicate, detailed and (for me) more musically engageing. Bass could be better, but enough for me. Both drive my Harbeth SHL5 speakers with ease. The AN845 seems subjectively the more efficient of the two.

The LM219IA is my favourite - it really is a gentle giant, very musically involving. But I also wholeheartedly recommend the Melody AN845. Both are amazing amps.