Mellow speakers for a digital piano

I have been trying to get my digital piano to sound more mellow instead of so sharp / tinny.

What I have been using are Focal CMS40 powered monitors and JBL LSR 305 powered monitors.
I get a nice clear sound but it is too sharp, yet.   I have tried EQ boxes and even that does not do it for me.

I hear piano sounds (internet) from various sources and I long for that sound from my piano.

I wish to find something I can put on a stand behind my piano and at ear level.

I have read things on this site that are encouraging but have no idea if what someone else likes is what I would like.    

Any thoughts ?
dmd_keys
If this is just for home use, I would start with a tube amp of about 30 watts, like a Dynaco ST-70 or the like, and find a set of speakers that are easy to drive so that 30 watts means something.

My JBL JRX215 speakers that I use for my keyboard rig are 8 ohms and 97 db; they are easily driven by a 30 watt tube amp. On stage I use 500 watts per channel, but there is no need for that at home. You can find them for $300 each on ebay. They are not the last word in resolution, but they sound surprisingly good with a decent signal. Not much output below 40Hz.

You might also consider a set of JBL L-100s...

You might want to process the sound a bit. I would not use a mixer, but I would consider a digital reverb like this one: http://www.alesis.com/products/legacy/nanoverb2
JBL used to make a very cool keyboard speaker that someone I worked with in the early 80s used. It had a shallow but tallish cabinet, a 15" woofer and one of those "bullet" tweeters.
Well, I have a mixer on the way.   I have my speakers on a swivel.  I have paper towel taped over my tweeters.

I am good to go.   LOL .....

Seriously, try out a reverb. Its highly likely that is part of the sound you are after.
This will teach you not to post questions regarding pro audio on a high end audio site :) :) I'm sure the resulting confusion was worse than before the question was asked :)

I was assuming this was for home use, and was going to suggest Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 or 8.2 which have no treble at all. Failing this the Q Audio lower range stuff has a dull sound...

Pro audio gear is typically not laid back sounding unless the tweeters are blown... EQ will change the sound. However if your keyboard is midi capable, you could use it with software that will let you choose the piano sound you like and apply processing to this sound, such as reverb, in the digital domain.