Meadowlark Ospreys II ? Low Feq. Response?

How are the Meadowlark Ospreys (series II I think, the current modle) for base response? Some transmission line speakers can sound a bit lacking.

Please let me know!

Dr Ken
drken
I agree, if you can in or close to the sweet spot the Silver sigs are amazing! But in todays dollars they are probably a pair of 12,000$!
"Krell Man" is correct in his last statement..."Then I finally heard the Osprey's that were broken in and they were really nice. I didn't audition them at home like you did, and who knows what might have happened if I had. I've seen some speakers that just don't sound right in given places no matter what you try or have heard somewhere else..."

Like all speakers, the proper placement is key to achieve the "sweet spot" of your listening position area.

I run my Ospreys II (and Nighthawks) with 200w/ch. with McIntosh Amps, and they really sound outstanding, surpassing European speaker lines like the Sonus Faber (which utilize the same driver elements) and also US made Wilson Maxx II or Puppies II, which all of them use the same drivers by Vifa, ScanSpeak and Focal, but these speaker manufacturers charge an arm and a leg (way overpriced!), sometimes 4 to 5 x as much, for speakers lines that are even more finicky towards their placement, break-in, and sound performance. (But they advertise constantly in the TAS and Stereophile! to receive favorable reviews).
I will be receiving a pair of Osprey's later this week! They are replacing a pair of Meadowlark Kestrels so the comparison should be interesting.
the ospreys are not among the finest when it comes to top to bottom flat response. they sound quite musical with acoustic music, but jazz and rock 'out' their shortcomings
95% of my listening is rock, the rest is jazz and I'm very pleased with my Ospreys. Its true if you are looking for the very highest volume level that they are probably not the right speakers. But they put out enough, even in a large room. Response seems flat enough when listening, but I haven't actually measured them.

But its really a moot point now isn't it (with Meadowlark's demise)?