McIntosh MX-132 Firmware Upgrade

Hello,

Does anyone know where we can check if there are firmware upgrades available for McIntosh pre/pros? I have an MX-132 and I'd like to check if there is an upgrade available, but I can't find support for discontinued products on the McIntosh website at all.

Thanks!
Chris
128x128cjwessing

Showing 4 responses by cjwessing

Turns out the firmware version on my MX-132 is 0.90, and according to Ron at McIntosh the latest version is 1.13. I'm currently emailing with him trying to see if it's possible to upgrade, not sure what it'll do for me (if anything noticeable). I'm a bit of trouble with the MX-132 losing DSP lock when fast forwarding my television shows, I'm hoping it might fix that. Other than that, I'm loving the sound and build quality of the MX-132!
Thanks,
Chris
Just got off the phone with Ron at McIntosh, he says that the engineer couldn't believe there was still an MX-132 still in the field that hasn't had the software updated! Bad news is that I need to send the unit into McIntosh to get it upgraded, apparently is needs 4 new software uploads and some DSP chips or hardware replaced. Just emailed the service department to get a quote... not I just need to decide if I can live without it for a month or two while it's getting upgraded!

Anyone know if it's worth the cost/time to get it upgraded from version 0.90 or 1.13?

Thanks,
Chris
Local repair shop quoted my $400 to perform the upgrade from Version 0.90 to 1.13, can anyone provide some advice at to whether or not it's worth it? I just paid $1200 for the unit, not sure I want to dump that much more into it right now. Seems to be performing well and don't have any issues with it.

Thanks,
Chris
Thanks Theo. I'll contact McIntosh and see if they would be willing to do it for free. The unit seems to be working fine, the only issue I might have is at the beginning of a song or when I'm FF digital TV, the unit will lose lock for a second or so. Mostly just an annoyance, but would be nice to get it fixed. McIntosh said their backlog is 15, though!
-Chris