Mcintosh MCD500 something special?

I have heard from people that I trust that the buzz on this player is that it's "very" special using 4 dacs per channel that are of a "latest" technology. Anyone know more about this or care to share their experiences with this player?
check out the new Sony SCD XA5400ES CD/SACD player with balanced/RCA and HDMI outputs. It has some new technology in it that makes it quite special and sounds less digital than anything I've ever heard for $1500msrp:O)
I've lived with mine for a little over 2 months and I'm pleased to say that it's met or exceeded my expectations in every way. Up front, I'm a fan of the McIntosh house sound. I have this unit teamed with a Mac MA6600 integrated and a pair of vintage DCM TimeWindows 1A. Simply stated, this is the most analogue sounding piece of digital equipment I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Absent is any trace of harshness or brilliance that I'd come to associate with CDs yet the detail and absolute lack of noise remain. I can honestly say that for the first time in a long time, I'm happy with the way my CDs sound compared to my LPs. SACDs sound incredible but this machine really shines in Red book playback. Couple this with the MCD500's ability to accept 2 external digital inputs to play through it's amazing DAC set and yes, I say you have something special.