McIntosh MCD-205 Changer?

Has anyone heard this? It is interesting because the transport is not a carrousel, it is the Music Bank elevator mechanism by Nakamichi. Tellig said that you no longer have to sacrafice convenience for sound quality.

I am also considering using my Adcom carrousel as the transport and buying a high-end DAC. The problem with this solution is that the transport contributes a lot to the sound quality...
bluechriss2003

Showing 2 responses by aball

The MCD205 is a very cool CD player. The CDs all feed into one slot and it sorts them internally. Pretty cool to see. The "spool-up" time is a little long (about like the Sony C555ES actually) but the sound is worth it - warm, full, articulate, and sweet. It is of typical family origins: a little dark, a little laid-back, but intensely musical. It is just my type of sound so I like it very much. I wish I could afford it now but I can't quite yet. One day I will get one. Good luck! Arthur
The Jupiter is a very different sound than the 205 and I would not say the Jupiter is more musical IMO, but they were playing in different systems.... I seek out musicality above all else and agree with Pardales that the 205 is very musical indeed and looks great. I am glad to hear about the 333 comparison because I want one. I would get the 205 but can't afford it yet. Arthur