McIntosh MC252 with Totem Mani2 / Sig's

Need some advice...

how well will the McIntosh MC252 drive my Totem Mani2 Sigs? i use 22' long runs of kimber 4tc, and wonder if the mc252 has enough juice. Would consider stepping up to the MC 402, but that is a lot of $, and I'm not sure i need 400 watts. let me know what you think!

also, can i bi-wire my mani2's buy hooking up two sets of speaker cable to one pair of speaker terminals on these mcintosh products? would that put too much stress on the amp?

thanks!
skuras

Showing 2 responses by irish65

What size is your room? Once you determine your sq. footage WxLxH it will help you better decide. The larger the listening area the more it should influence you to a bigger amp. A large open entrance into your listening area will also influence your decision. Also what listening levels do you usually listen at? I can tell you from my experience that the extra headroom from a larger amp is well worth it. Hope this helps.
Skuras,
It seems you are set on getting a mac amp. If that is the case then having the flexibility of a larger amp {402} will allow you not to have to change your amp if you go with a speaker with a heavier load in the future.