McIntosh MC2102 tube or MC402 solid state amp.

Will the McIntosh MC2102 tube amp sufficiently drive my Apogee Mini-Grand ribbon speakers in a large room (approx.
30x25) with cathedral ceiling or would a solid state amp
(either McIntosh MC402 or Sim Audio W-5) be better?
My preamp is a McIntosh C2200 tube. Currently my Stage ribbon speakers (bi-amplified) are driven by a Classe DR9 amp and the subwoofers by a McCormack DNA-1. My plan is drive the subwoofers with the Classe DR9 and the ribbons with a
McIntosh MC2102 tube amp. My goal is a more "musical" sound. My listening is primarily female vocalists, small
instrumental groups, string instruments and stage show
musicals. Any advice will be deeply appreciated.
muja137
as a owner of the 2102, not a chance, it hardly drives maggies (3.6). Though it is totally stable into the 2 ohm load, you will be not happy with the volume output. Even two in mono would be a test.
i gotta agree with Manhandave, i also own a mc2102 & while it is a great match for biamping my khorns it will not even be close to what you need in power for the appogee's.

if it was me i would go for the mc402.

mike.
The 2102 will not be enough for the Apogees. The 402 will but the 602 would be even better.
I appreciate the above responses. The Apogee's impedence is 3 ohms and sensitivity is 81.5 dB. I've decided to go solid state ( less heat and maintenance ) and my budget will finalize the choice between a MC402 and MC602.
I appreciate the above responses. The Apogee's impedence is 3 ohms and sensitivity is 81.5 dB. I've decided to go solid state ( less heat and maintenance ); either the
MC402 or MC602 ( my budget will finalize the choice ).