McIntosh MC 252 vs. Bryston

Trying to get some advice out there. I just recently purchased a pair of Sonus Faber Cremona's and absolutely love them. I currently have a Bryston 9B ST 5 channel amp driving the Cremonas. This amp is a great amp and has served me well for the past 15 years and the Cremonas do sound great with it, however, as always I wonder if it could sound better. I am wondering if the Mc would do even a better job at driving these speakers than the bryston since its twice the wattage. Thought maybe someone out there might have some thoughts on this issue. Thanks in advance for your responses. Doug
The reason for this particular Mc is there is one for sale but not in may area so I can't preview it.
dougwhitesell
Another thing, buy from a pro audio dealer when buying Bryston. The price difference is not subtle! 30 percent off or more!
The newer brystons are evolutionary rather than revolutionary. But still, they're better, imo. Get either the 7BSST2 or the 28BSST2. Don't play around with the other ones, go all the way!
I'm not an expert on Bryston amps but I am told that the designs are somewhat modular and therefore similar in sound. I am also told that there are very significant improvements with the newer SST and SST2 versions, especially the latest version of the SST2's which have impoved transformers and capacitors. I've never heard the 9B so I can't comment on how it compares to the McIntosh 402. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can help.
Thanks Jac559, I was concerned about that the mc might make the cremona's little too warm. I dont want to lose detail or soundstaging and want to maintain the warmth of these speakers. I have heard other great comments about the Bryston 14B. This may seem like a dumb question, but in your opinion do you think the 14B would be a significant improvement ovewr the 9B? Would would you think about a mc402 over the 9B. I know its personal preference but I would value your opinion.
Doug
I have the SF Cremona M's and have been running them with a pair of McIntosh 501's. I recently borrowed a Bryston 14B SST2 and to my surprise I prefer the sound of the Bryston. It is clearer with more inner detail and has a better soundstage without being bright or harsh. A real joy to listen to. I have heard that the Cremona M's are just a little more revealing than your original Cremona's but I would expect a similar result.
Thanks for your response. I agree the sf are on the warm side. Which I enjoy. But it certainly can get too warm. The bryston is pretty neutral so a decent match. Suppose I should continue to look around. Thanks.
IMO,with your speakers I would stay away from anything that is on the warmer/slower side ie the MC252 and your current amp.Id look at quicker more detailed amps..Pass comes to mind,many options in the 3 grand arena.