Mcintosh MC 135 and Anthem A5

I recently purchased a Mcintosh MC 135 to replace a Cary Audio Cinema 11, which will be pairing with a Anthem A5. I’m curious to anyone’s input on this pairing? I have not received the MC 135 as of yet. Anyone else have this as pairing as well? I’m thinking about upgrading the A5 to a Mcintosh AMP like a MC7205 or similar.
Ag insider logo xs@2xtophedwards

Showing 1 response by theo

I owned and Mx135 and I can tell you it is a very fine piece of equipment. I had a MX134 prior which was connected to a MC7205, until last couple months I added an Mc352 and used only 3 channels of the 7205. I then traded the 7205 in on a MC205 which I still own. My point is that if you can get the MC205 if you can. I find to to be a much better sounding amp, McIntosh incorporated new circuit topography and a Motorola chip that mimics the performance of the autoformers found in their 2 channel amps. This really did compliment the sound quality considerable. But congrats on the MX135, I traded mine for an Anthem D2V and the sound is much different and I miss the sound and warmth of the MX135.
Just my opinions of course.