McIntosh MA8900 DAC not outputting more than 44.1 kHz

I’m hoping another ma8900 owner can help me out. So I finally was able to buy my first McIntosh piece and have had it for a week or two. I wish to use the onboard DA1 DAC and have my Oppo 103 connected to the the DA1 via coax. According to the specs on the Oppo unit, I should be able to push 192kHz via the coax but alas, it only shows 44.1. Today, I tried to switch things up and attached my MacBook Pro via USB. Again, nothing but a 44.1 shows on the 8900. I realize there are issues trying to play DSD? From a Mac but nonetheless I was under the impression I could playback 384 kHz pcm. According to jRiver, the McIntosh doesn’t support it.
So, is there an internal setting within the 8900 I need to change, I checked the manual and do not see any. Alternatively, do any of you owners recommend a particular streamer that you know for certain will give me the high res stream I want.....and make it work with the 8900?
128x128badger_erich

Showing 1 response by oddiofyl

Also the OPPO should take a SACD and output it in 24/88.2k to the McIntosh if the player is set appropriately.  Any 24/96 or 192k on an attached drive should also play no problem.   Enjoy