McIntosh MA7000

I saw where Mac is coming out with a new integrated in the MA7000. 250W/channel. Does anyone know when this unit will be avaliable? If I know Mac it should be nothing short of spectacular, especially since it is to out perform the 6900.
ltecyclist

Showing 3 responses by dkgreig

The MA7000 is available now; I have one. The dealer called Sound advantage located in Rochester Michigan has another ready to go.
The msrp is $7000, I paid slightly less than that out the door including tax. I did not haggle much since this is a brand new product and did not want to wait.
I must say upfront that I am not an Audiophile, and I refuse to listen to "Audiophile" music; that is music that is recorded well but is boring. I must also say that I packed up my listening room and sold most the real equipment when we moved into the new house. Our new home has a very large family room with 20" tall ceilings. We installed the top of the line B&W In-walls, Signature whatever.... We had been using a VAC Avatar at our old house, and in a smaller room all was fine. With the larger room, the VAC could not drive these large B&W in-walls and the music sounded lost even at low volumes. Voices in movies were not clear and the system was boring. My main consideration for buying this MA7000 was to never, ever, have to purchase another amp, so I went big.

That all said, the amp sounds great to us, music is music at all volumes, an dialog in movies and television are crystal clear. I cannot tell you much more than that because we have a 3 month old baby girl and I will not turn this beast up and scare or disturb her.

The amp seems perfect for us. Sorry that I cannot be more descriptive. You will need to wait for a review from somebody with more time, better source equipment and better speakers.