McIntosh MA-6900 Integrated Amp - Your Thoughts?

I have a McIntosh MA-6900 (200 watts, iconic looks, etc)driving a pair of Paradigm Reference Signature Six speakers. My sources are a basic CD player and an iPod (connected to Wadia i170 and Bryston DAC). To me, the sound is good but you know how this hobby is - there alwyas might be something better....I would be very interested in anyone's opinion of this setup and any improvements you might suggest.
Thank you.
128x128boulderskies

Showing 1 response by boulderskies

Thank you all for your compliments and suggestions. I chuckled at the one about just replacing something-it may not sound better but it'll be fresh. That's the essence of this hobby sometimes, isnt it?

I didnt see any input on speaker cables. And I neglected to mention that I have (what I thought) fairly high-end Monster cables terminated with Monster banana plugs. In examining them, (apparently I went with the bigger-is-better menatality) a large part of their size is actually the plastic insulation and a silly inner nylon reinforcing strand that runs down each side....So, what's your take on a speaker cable upgrade?

Also, I have been toying with buying the new Cambridge Audio Music Stream 6, which appears to be a pretty cool, upper end digitally based network player and DAC. Thoughts?